Environmental audit is defined as basic management tool which comprises a systematic, documented, periodic and objective evaluation of how well organization, management systems and equipment are performing.
Environmental Audits are conducted;
- For assessing compliance with regulatory requirement (local, regional and national laws and regulation)
- For implementation of environment management policies.
- For pollution control by the way of ensuring waste prevention and reduction.
- For providing necessary information on how well the management systems are performing to improve the sustainable level of development.
- For performance evaluation of industrial working facilities and its possible effect in the surrounding.
- For providing an up-to-date environmental data to public and inspecting authority.