How does the management identify the areas that need to be focused on to ensure process safety in the facility?
Should attention be on Process safety Competency or should focus be on Workforce Involvement or should Asset Integrity and Reliability of the facility be strengthened?
A gap analysis is the first step in understanding the level at which a facility is, when it comes to process safety. CMSRS through an orderly, systematic and scrupulous approach carries out the gap analysis to achieve the following
- Benchmark the facility’s process safety standard
- Identify potential areas for improvement
- Identify best possible course of action for achieving desired safety standards
The gaps in the facility with respect to the following shall be stressed upon.
- Commitment to Process Safety
- Understanding Hazards and Risks associated with a process plant
- Managing Risks effectively
- Learning from Experience
CMSRS provides recommendations that will help bridge the existing gaps and attain the desired levels of process safety in the facility.
Some of the guidelines used by CMSRS
- Guidelines for Risk Based Process Safety – CCPS
- 29 CFR 1910.119 – OSHA PSM Standard