Objectives of Pre-Commissioning Safety Audit are:
- To assure the Company that HSE sensitive areas of the project have been identified in a systematic way
- To ensure that the major projects, engineering and operational systems have been developed to control/ manage the identified risks.
Scope of Pre-Commissioning Safety Audit is:
- Verify that Pre-Commissioning has been satisfactorily completed
Confirmation of competency of commissioning, maintenance and operational personnel and availability of procedures
- Status of implementation of HSE studies recommendations
- Review of statutory approvals obtained
- Commissioning of protective HSE devices, utility and support systems
- Register of safety related devices
Confirmation on Adequacy of Preparations for Start Up
- Procedures related to startup, shutdown, normal operation, emergency shutdown, maintenance etc.
- Emergency preparedness and procedures
- Review the safety assessment and training requirements of the project and to suggest adequacy and compliance
Verification on Deviations from Design and its impact on HSE Performance
- Operator’s HSE Management System
- Procedures for testing of critical systems.
- Conditioning, monitoring and maintenance procedure of critical equipment.
- Site Hazards and Control Measures
- Verify whether appropriate specialist reviews are carried out and their outcomes are being addressed satisfactorily prior to introduction of process materials
Instrumentation – Safety Interlock, Control and trip system etc. Electrical safety trip system, Interlocking, communication, earthing and bonding, tagging, lightning arrester and illumination. Implementation of following OH&S Elements
- Review the drawings and relevant engineering/ project documents to verify whether engineering checks are available to minimize HSE risks
- Project Modification Records
- Hazard Review Process for changes identified in as built checks
- Organization and Administration of Safety, Health and Environment.
- Hazard identification & control.
- Fire fighting, Fire Alarm and fire protection system.
- Incident Reporting, Investigation and Analysis.
- Work Permit System
- Training in OHS and Fire Fighting
- Conformance to statutory requirements of OHS in terms of the provisions of the Factories Act/SMPV Rules/MSIHC Rules etc., as applicable